Friday, July 14, 2006

Sleepless Night

It's 3:25 a.m. here local Punch and Jude time, and I'm not dozing.

Yes, I'm stoked about the Relay for Life later today, but that's not all of it.

I got home tonight at about 11:30 and, in a ritual as old as time itself, checked my e-mail.

There was, among other things, a message from me.

That I didn't send.

The body of the letter simply said "hahahaha gott u fukr! ROFLMAO!!!!!"

So it looks like I've got a lot of virus scanning, password-changing and bank-account-checking to do.

Before any of you can upbraid me for it, yes, I'm an idiot. Almost all of my passwords were the same (or slight variants on a theme), and I usually don't change them often. Like for years at a time. Mercifully, one exception is my bank account. Unfortunately, almost all the rest are straight from the Stupid Zone. All of my e-mails, my messaging programs, and even my e-bills (although if some jackass wants to anonymously pay my bills for me, then knock yourself out, jackass).

Anyway, if any of you get e-mails from me with attachments in the next day or two, for god's sakes, delete it! In fact, delete anything you get from me until I send out an all clear.

I'm gonna have to consult with Punch and Jude tech support and see if I need to wipe this goddamn hard drive (again) and reinstall everything. This is Major Computer Problem #4 since I've been in Madison. Shit shit shit shit.

Anyway, if you don't see any posting from me for a couple of days, it's not because I don't care.

UPDATE, 4:35 a.m. All passwords changed. Hooray. Still scanning for viruses.

UPDATE, 4:50 a.m. Some of you are very lucky that another manifestation of my Internet laziness is that I don't often update address books, either.

UPDATE, 9:20 a.m. Changed to make things that should be obscure more so. Also, virus scans not working. Shit.

Labels:

|