Monday, June 19, 2006

So Remind Me

Why did we invade Iraq?

I mean, I know that we were once told that it was to get rid of Saddam Hussein's Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Which didn't exist.

And the invasion was because of Iraq's Dastardly Links to al-Qaeda.

Which were total fiction.

Then it was because we were Bringing Democracy To Iraq.

That didn't happen.

Also, I believe one of the justifications for the war was that Saddam Was A Very Very Bad Man.

Apparently, one of the noisiest and most bloated of the rightwing gasbags no longer believes that Saddam's style was such a bad thing. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Bill O'Reilly:
O’Reilly: Now to me, they’re not fighting it hard enough. See, if I’m president, I got probably another 50-60 thousand with orders to shoot on sight anybody violating curfews. Shoot them on sight. That’s me… President O’Reilly… Curfew in Ramadi, seven o’clock at night. You’re on the street? You’re dead. I shoot you right between the eyes. Ok? That’s how I run that country. Just like Saddam ran it. Saddam didn’t have explosions - he didn’t have bombers. Did he? because if you got out of line, your dead.
So there you have it, folks. If they wanted Saddam's style, why not just leave him in power? I thought the Republicans were supposed to be efficient.

Thank you, and goodnight!

Labels: , , , ,

|