Monday, May 01, 2006

Super 88

For those of you who don't know, this is Super 88. Super 88 is one of my favorite places in the world. I am always happy when I am in the store. Of the, oh I don't know, 80,000 different items in this grocery store, I am familiar with about 16. Most of the labels I can't read because I'm woefully monolingual.

Occasionally, though, I'll buy a package with some amazing translation about the product. Here are two of my recent favorites:

Roast Broad Bean [these are large roasted, salted beans. Interesting but good.]: "This product is made of high quality material new processing methods and under equipments. It is delicious and tasteful, if found any defectiveness, please return directly to our quality control department indicating time, place & store of purchase, we will exchange and comments."

Crackajack he fen [rice noodles]: "Mai lao de crackajack he fen is made of and uniform in sticis. It is good for entertaining quest as well as gift and has been highly welcomed by our overseas customers"

Of all the horror stories I've read about botched translations for products, these are pretty mild. Both of these products are really good and I highly recommend them, but not as gifts.
|