Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh so you wanna talk food, do you

I too will be cooking on saturday, but I will be outside grilling for lots of beer drinking men and watching the NFL draft (wish you were here Jude). Draft starts at 12 noon, so grill should get going at 11, bloody marys around 10 am.

The fun thing about my grilling is that I live in an apartment building with no yard. Of course in Boston you can't grill within 20 or 30 feet (I forget the exact distance) of a building. Luckily I live right at a dead end which is on the Brookline/Allston line. Solution: block party. That right, grill gets set up in the street, everybody brings their booze and we party all day.

All my boston friends who read this are welcome to attend. I'll be doing it up Argyle-style on the grill (see below). Hopple will have burgers and dogs, etc.

Jon's Sweet-Hot Glazed Pork Loin

5-6 lbs. Pork Tenderloin, trimmed
1 8 oz. can of chipotle peppers, chopped but NOT seeded
1-1.5 cups of pure maple syrup
0.5 cups of good dijon mustard
dash of soy sauce
juice of 1-2 limes
salt and pepper to taste

Marinate the pork in the other ingredients overnight, coating well and covering. Grill over low heat for about an hour and a half (depending on the size of the pork loin).

|