Friday, October 19, 2007

Craziness


Lookit the man in the fire.

So a bunch of people in Poland thing that they've seen the former Pope's image in flames.

Now, I haven't been a fan of the Catholic church since I was a wee lad. And I haven't been at all religious in many, many years. So I don't buy any of this crap for a second However, if I were a good Catholic, why would I want to see His Departed Holiness in flames? Wouldn't that send a very, very bad message to the faithful and any potential converts out there?
"Look! It's the Pope, contacting us from Hell!"
Not exactly inspiring stuff. Alternatively, given Holy Mother Church's past penchant for burning heretics at the stake, I don't think anyone should be bragging about seeing a Pope in a bonfire.

What else can you see in the flames? Here's what I came up with in a minute or so:
  1. Koala bear silhouette
  2. O.J. Running to the Hertz car rental counter
  3. Wolverine's head
  4. A random grouping of photons emitted due to the oxidation of a source of fuel
Criminy.

Labels: ,

|