Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Thursday "What the Fuck?"


Let me be, goddammit!

It seems that the Gipp family, for undisclosed reasons, has exhumed the body of George Gipp for DNA testing. If you don't know who George Gipp was, he played football for Notre Dame early in the 20th century. He contracted pneumonia and died in his senior year.

So this unexplained disinterment is kind of bizarre. But leave it to ESPN to be extra classy by filming the entire thing. I don't know what kind of footage you could get from the exhumation of an almost ninety-year-old grave. But I'm not a television producer.

And who knew that the 1980 movie Airplane! would be prophetic?



The last thing he said to me, doc, he said, "Sometime when the crew is up against it, the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then doc, he said, but I won't smell too good, that's for sure.

Labels:

|