Thursday, September 27, 2007

Unabashed Motherfuckery


Republican Jesus loves us. That's all we need.

You wanna see some motherfuckery in action? Go check out the Family Research Council's "prayer team" assignment this week.

You see, God hates health care for all citizens. Betcha didn't know that, did you? For extra credit, look up the Bible verses they cite as support. Nah, fuck that. I'll just put them here.
Exodus 15:26: And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
Looks to me like that's a pretty specific injunction regarding how the Hebrews in the Sinai were to behave to avoid the plagues and such that Yahweh God had previously sent on the Egyptians. You know, before he got pissed at them and made them wander around in the fucking desert for forty years. But what the fuck do I know?
Mark 12:17: And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
I have no fucking idea why they included this one. If the government (which, technically, is us) decides that health insurance should be universal and paid for through taxation (like, you know, all the other fucking industrialized countries in the world), then couldn't you cite this verse as support of universal health care? I don't get why this verse used in an attempt to bolster their position.
John 10:10: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Again, I don't know exactly what these dipshits are getting at here. This verse appears as part of Jesus' Parable of the Good Shepherd, where Jesus talks about how he cares for his flock, says he'll die for them, and hints at his own divinity. Also, you could cite this verse as Jesus' support for medical care for everyone--wouldn't that mean having life, and having it more abundantly?

A little later on in this prayer injunction, Anthony Perkins (no, that's really his name) rails against the SCHIP program, too. I guess he interprets Jesus saying "Suffer the little children to come unto me," he thinks that means that Christ wants lots of sick kids to die so they can go to heaven. Or something.

At least the fuckin' Christian Scientists are consistent with this shit. No health care for anyone, not just the poor.

Funny. You never see these "Christian" Republicans quoting things like "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." That's Matthew 25:40, in case you were wondering.

The Christian religion doesn't support one or another political party. I'm not religious, but when I see these charlatan motherfuckers waving religiosity around as a way to support a regressive social agenda, it makes me angry. Are there any religious people out there that are personally offended by these cheap tricks? If so, why don't we ever hear from them?

Thanks to the Rude Pundit for the link.

Labels: , ,

|