Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bill O'Reilly = Penis

Ok so maybe I've had a glass of wine and I shouldn't be blogging. But Bill O'Reilly is a Penis. This is something I meant to address last week, but never got the chance, so now I'm a week late, I have no link and you have to take my word for it.

I can't find a link at the moment, so if someone else does, drop it in the comments, but Bill decided to talk about charities last week. He mentioned that religious people donate 4 times as much to charity as atheists. Wow. What a statistic.

He did not address, however, whether this amount donated to "charity" included amounts donated to CHURCH! Obviously Christians and religious people donate tons to "charity" because that includes donations that support and perpetuate the teaching and sustaining of religion and has nothing to do with actually contributing aid and real charity to society.

Of course, Bill never addressed this issue, instead attributing the disparity to the fact that "secularists" want the government to provide aid, while reasonable religious people understand the importance of independant charitable organizations in fighting poverty and addressing social needs without government intervention. I'm pretty sure that at least 75% of my offerings to church go to sustaining the religous organization, paying for ministers salaries, cantors, etc. It has nothing to do with soup kitchens, homeless shelters and the like.

So Bill, lets look at a real study controlling for donations which contribute zero to social ills and see if the religous still donate less. No spin my ass. Fucker.

|