Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Fantasy Football

Ah yes, I'm settling in to the new fantasy season like a soothing mineral-salt footbath. With the second selection I was able to nab Priest Holmes, far and away the points leader from a year ago. The entire squad shapes out as follows:


M. Bulger (StL - QB)
T. Holt (StL - WR)
S. Moss (NYJ - WR)
C. Chambers (Mia - WR)
P. Holmes (KC - RB)
C. Dillon (NE - RB)
L. Smith (Phi - TE)
BN
C. Garner (TB - RB)
R. Wayne (Ind - WR)
W. McGahee (Buf - RB)
J. Harrington (Det - QB)
D. Driver (GB - WR)
Ro. Williams (Det - WR)
N. Davenport (GB - RB)

New Englands defense rounds out the squad nicely, though I still need to pick up a kicker. Not many left, not even Matt Stover who had a couple of 18 point games for me last year near the end of the season. I'll probably drop Davenport to pick up a K unless Ahman Green goes down with an injury in practice this week.

Jude, whose team name happens to be "The Scourge of Jon", was drafting a couple spots behind me and ended up with some nice acquisitions. Clinton Portis and Stephen Davis give him a nice backfield and Boo Williams is a great TE. But the bottomline is that he'll get spanked by yours truly.

|