Friday, July 02, 2004

WWE

I loved this article on ESPN about WWE (what happened to the "F") wrestler Brock Lesnar. Here are some reasons why.

1. The writer talks about Lesnar's experience acting in the WWE as though it were some sort of sports accomplishment hailing him as "the World Wrestling Entertainment's youngest champion ever." I almost imagined a tough kid rising to stardom because of his God-given abilities and not because someone writing the plot decided he would win before the "match" even happened.

2. The quotes that Lesnar gives are priceless.

"I don't like gays."

"I can fight for real."

"If it was legal and I wouldn't get in trouble, I'd pick a fight on every street."

"You either nut up or you don't."

And on reports that he has taken steroids: "When it comes down to it, bring your little piss cup and I will fill it for you."

3. Having said all that - I'd love to see him play on Sundays. So for my second birthday wish list item, I would like the Vikings to give him a shot.
|