Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Birthday Celebrations Begin
 
Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now July 21st (Eastern Time) and the festivities have begun.  One of the first ladies of Punch and Jude, the Punch gal, is insisting that: A) I stay out of the kitchen as she bakes something fanciful. The bedroom smells of the kitchen's goodness and cheap mexican beer is the only thing keeping me from violating her policy; and B) I open a present. I'm not a fan of birthday/Christmas Eve present openings so I'll have to decline that one.

I've yet to receive any of my listed presents, but I reckon that's alright since they were silly anyway. What I really want is to appear on TLC's "What Not to Wear" so I can have Clinton and Stacy judge my sub-par wardrobe and give me money to go shopping.

------------------------------------
further updates:

Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong

Just watched Outside the Lines and I have to say that I think Armstrong is a doper.  My prediction: history will show that the science and efforts of the governing bodies were behind the science and efforts of the cheaters. In case you missed Bob Ley, he had a former doctor/trainer/someone semi-important on the Postal Team that says he refused to dope and was fired. He later got a letter from the Postal Team's law firm threatening to sue if he told an an ugly phone call from Lance himself. Ouch.

Baseball, unlike cycling, doesn't even give a shit. And for that I hope the BALCO trials expose a subculture of widespread steroid use that destroys baseball's reptation. I stand by my earlier convictions that MBL is worthless as long as they take it easy on steroids.

A former professor of mine is a cycling fan (an even rarer breed than the endangered species of American Formula One fans) and I think I might ask him what he thinks about the cycling issue.

DNC
 
Jude promised long ago to come if I was in town for the DNC. I am and he isn't.  I even promised to support his alcoholism.

Kevin Garnett
 
In the new Adidas commercial themed by "He's got the Whole World" .  I kinda want to condemn this one for being sacreligious - but he isn't portrayed as being God-like. He just has lots of pedestrians jumping on his shoulders (literally dozens).  So I like the literal image that is gives - Garnett carries everyones' hopes on himself, fitting for the reigning MVP. Plus the shoes are really nice - the best basketball shoes since... Jeez, the best in the 21st century no doubt. Put 'em on the birthday list. Hot damn.

No Law Review
 
I didn't make it guys. My new plan is to work out constantly because my self-worth has deteriorated significantly now that I realize I'm not smart. Maybe I can still be beautiful!

Breakfast
 
I'm having bacon.

Vengance
 
Here. Don't know why he doesn't have Tristan's massacre after his little brother is killed in Lengends of the Fall or Tristan's massacre after his wife is killed in Legends of the Fall.

Michael Jackson Needs to stop Breeding
 
Seriously. He used to be awesome, awe-inspiring. Then he was gross. Now he's sad. But if he has four more kids something is wrong with the world. Even if he isn't a child molester - these kids should never be handed over to him. Hopefully the ones he already has won't be too disturbed.

 

|