Sunday, November 07, 2004

4 more years

What should Bush do during the next four years? BBC readers respond. Here's my favourite bit.


"As president of the country that accounts for less than 2% of the world population, yet 'produces' 27% of the world's pollution and uses 48% of the world's natural resources, Bush needs to develop a more responsible attitude to the global issues."

I'm not sure what the source is for these statistics, but it sounds fairly consistent with what I have seen in the past. I this is a fairly adequate response to those who say America's president shouldn't pander to the Europeans.

UPDATE: I'm a little shocked at the number of British citizens who feel that the president of the U.S. is in charge of bringing peace to Israel and Palestine. On one hand they think he shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs, and on the other they appear to give him an enormous burden in the same realm. Strange.

|