Friday, May 28, 2004

Talk About Overkill

One last thing before my weekend starts (almost an hour early). I don't know if you caught the story about the kid who was embarrassed by his basketball coach when he recieved the "Crybaby Award" at the team banquet.

Well here is the aftermath.

"Ousted Pleasantville Middle School coach James Guillen presented Terrence Philo Jr. with a certificate, a trophy and the first-ever Terrence Philo Jr. Award.

"'I would like to extend a special apology to the Terrence Philo family,' Guillen told the boy in front of about 250 of his cheering classmates. He blamed his error last month on 'my lack of experience as a coach and as a teacher.'"

I don't know about you guys, but I think having a special apology ceremony in my honor and then receiving and award NAMED AFTER MYSELF would be a lot more embarrasing than getting teased because I was "always pleading to get into games."

But anyway, good for Terrence. I couldn't even make my 8th grade team. And guess what - I cried. Damn you Coach Cook.
|