Thursday, May 06, 2004

Someone got a spanking

Bush chastises Rumsfeld.

I mentioned this story several days ago when it broke, but I didn't say enough. This sickens me. Disgusts me. I cannot comprehend how any Americans could continue to think that we are the 'good guys' in this war. Thomas Hamill made it home alive and well and as far as I know he wasn't forced into a naked man pyramid, nor were his fundamental religous beliefs accosted by his captors. This sort of activity makes me ashamed to be an American. I can't have pride in my country when we invade another country on false pretenses, imprison civilians, and torture them.

I support our troops because they made a decision to join the armed forces believing that they would bring good things to the world. And yes Saddam is gone, another wonderful feat. But this war will cost America far more than it will give us.

Vote for Kerry.
|